South Birmingham service changes from 22nd July 2018

Stu

Stu is the founder of this West Midlands Bus Users website. He is not a bus enthusiast, but as a regular passenger takes an interest in public transport related matters, having relied on buses to get around for over twenty-five years now.

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. David McGrogan says:

Why do you keep changing thing

2. Susan says:

Where is Sainsbury’s in Acocks Green

3. Tom says:

So in terms of easy access to QEHB for all, it is actually worse, substituting 98 (with numerous stops and running every 15 minutes in peak time) with X20 (with limited stops running every 20 minutes). Knowing how difficult is to get to QEHB, why you have decided to limit the number of buses and number of access points?

4. Jim Smith says:

Having read the revised route information there seems to be no mention of a bus route serving Black Haynes road, Swarthmore Road or Middle Park Road B29. Are we to lose our bus service?

5. Pam Hall says:

The 29 needs to be kept. It is the only direct bus ibto the city centre from Shenley Lane. How xan havibg ti catch 2 buses into town be an improvement? I travel on the 29 and coming home after the theatre mrans i will now have to catch 2 buses ibstead of safely getting home on one.

6. Alan Jones says:

So, just a simple sentence – buses will run less frequently – to slash a busy route [37] along the Warwick Road, currently every 6 minutes to every 10 minutes. Passengers don’t matter even though there will be overcrowding both during the morning and the evening. But planners don’t travel on the routes they propose to change. Twas ever thus.

7. Andrew says:

This is I believe the worst re-organisation I’ve seen in over 50 years. From Shenley Lane I can get one bus into Solihull or Merry Hill but to get into Birmingham City Centre I must use two buses. Guess where I’ll be doing my shopping? Is this just another nail in the coffin for Birmingham City Centre businesses