Coventry service changes – 22nd Sept 2019
During June and July NX Bus ran a consultation on proposed changes to bus services in the Coventry area. Around 1500 people completed the questionaire online or through paper copies distributed from the Travel Shop.
Following the consultation, NX Coventry made some changes to the initial proposals, and a new network comes into effect from 22nd September 2019.
NX Coventry say:
We are adding more buses to the Coventry network and employing more drivers to help improve the service we offer for many of our customers (and creating more jobs in Coventry).
The current network of bus routes has not changed much since 2012.
Since then, the population of the city has changed and so has demand for bus services. Congestion has also got worse.
The revised network has been carefully considered to reflect these changes:
Some changes are small, such as timetable improvements, so that buses can run more often and/or more reliably.
Other changes are larger, such as route changes, to cater for new and emerging travel needs.
Some customers may lose a direct link or have to alter the time they travel. We have tried to minimise the impact of this wherever possible.
Overall, most customers will see no change to the bus they catch or will see an improvement with more punctual and frequent buses. In some cases only the route number will change – the way the bus travels will be the same as today.
The main benefits of the changes are:
- New route for Eagle Street and Springfield Road area, requested by TfWM, local groups and some councillors
- Buses will run more often to Allesley, Bell Green, Brownshill Green, Canley, Cheylesmore, Coundon, Earsldon, Fargo Village, Hillfields, Holbrooks, Kenilworth, Keresley, Kirby Corner, Leamington Spa, Spon End, Tile Hill, University of Warwick, Westwood Park, Willenhall and Wood End
- Improved evening and Sunday services for Canley, Cheylesmore, Coundon, Hillfields and Holbrooks
- Extra early morning buses on Saturdays for many areas
- Some routes benefit from extra Sunday morning buses
- New direct link from Hillfields to University Hospital
- New direct link from Allesley Park to University Hospital
- New daytime service to Westwood Business Park from Coventry city centre and rail station
- New direct links from Allesley Park and Canley to University Hospital
The disadvantages for a small number of customers are:
- Some direct links across the city centre will change – this means some may have to change buses in the city centre
- Buses will run slightly less often to Allesley Park and some parts of Binley (this is to help improve reliability)
Full details of all service changes and new timetables can be found by visiting the NX Coventry website.