North Birmingham service changes – June 2017
In conjunction with the East Birmingham & North Solihull service changes taking place on Sunday 4th June, there will also be some service changes in the North Birmingham area.
Services 15A, 15C – Erdington – Boldmere – Sutton Coldfield – Penns Lane – Erdington
- Due to low passenger use between Sutton Coldfield, Penns Lane and Erdington the 15A and 15C will be replaced in part by changes to the 66.
- The 66 will run from City to Erdington then continue via Boldmere to Sutton Coldfield.
- Buses will run more often between Erdington, Boldmere and Sutton Coldfield.
- Buses will no longer run along Penns Lane*.
- Frequent alternative services run between Walmley and Sutton Coldfield on the 71 and X14.
- Buses will be extended to serve Sutton Coldfield up to every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes.
- This will replace part of the 15A / 15C routes between Erdington and Sutton Coldfield.
- Between Birmingham and Erdington route 66 will not change.
- Kingstanding to Erdington will be served by new 96.
- New local route replacing route 66 between Kingstanding & Erdington and route 966 between Erdington & Chelmsley Wood.
- Buses will run up to every 30 minutes Monday – Saturday daytime.
Service 966 – Erdington – Fort Dunlop – Chelmsley Wood – Airport/NEC – Solihull
- The route will be withdrawn and replaced between Erdington and Chelmsley Wood by new 96 route and between Castle Bromwich, Smiths Wood, Chelmsley Wood and Solihull by new Platinum X12 route.
*Service 108 (Birmingham – New Hall) will be operated by Central Buses from 30th May, and the route will be revised to serve Erdington and Penns Lane, instead of Tyburn Road and Eachelhurst Road. View timetable here.
*Service 167 (Erdington – Minworth – Sutton Coldfield), operated by igo, will of course continue to serve Penns Lane.