More Platinum buses coming in December
National Express Bus are beginning to take delivery of this years order of new buses, which will begin to enter service in December.
The vehicles will all be in the Platinum specification, and will be used to upgrade the following services:
- Service 9 – Birmingham to Stourbridge (Pensnett Garage)
- Service 11 – Coventry to Leamington Spa (Coventry Garage)
- Service 12X – Coventry to Warwick University (Coventry Garage)
- Service 50 – Birmingham to Druids Heath (Yardley Wood Garage)
- Service X70 – Birmingham to Chelmsley Wood (Birmingham Central Garage)
Services 9 and 50 were upgraded back in 2015 with brand new standard spec ADL Enviro400 MMC vehicles – a majority of these will be released and transferred to Acocks Green garage to give a long overdue upgrade to the 11A/11C Outer Circle service, which is mostly still using vehicles that were bought brand new when it was last upgraded in 2004.
Not counting the X1 Birmingham to Coventry service (formerly the 900), these will also see the first introduction of Platinum buses into the Coventry area, on two services that are seeing growing usage.
It is expected that all the new buses will be in service before Christmas 2018.