New city centre route for 82 and 87 from 26th January 2020
Paradise Circus in Birmingham will be reopening to traffic again, having been closed for several months while works to extend the Midland Metro tram line onto Broad Street were carried out.
From Sunday 26th January 2020, NX Bus services 82 (Birmingham to Bearwood) and 87 (Birmingham to Dudley) will have a route change in the city centre, and will actually revert back to an older line of route, following a ‘loop’ of the city centre, restoring some useful connections to rail stations and bus interchanges.
After Sandpits and Parade the services will serve stops as follows:
- Suffolk Street Queensway for New Alexandra Theatre
- Smallbrook Queensway (stop NS5) for access to the markets
- New Street Station (stop NS2) for Grand Central, High Street and rail services
- Moor Street Queensway (stop MS3) for Moor Street Station and bus services to South Birmingham
- Priory Queensway (stop BS11) for City University and bus services to East and North East Birmingham
- Colmore Circus (stop SH10) for Law Courts, Children’s Hospital and bus services to West Bromwich
- Colmore Row (stop SH3) for business district, House of Fraser and Snow Hill Station bus services to West Birmingham
- Edmund Street (stopES1) for Town Hall and Newhall Street
An additional stop will be introduced in Suffolk Street Queensway by Brunel Street as soon as the adjacent building work is completed.
For further route information and timetables, please see below.
Got something to say? Please feel free to leave a short comment using the form further down the page. We also have a brand new Community Forum where you can join in or start your own discussion topic, come and join in today!