From Sunday 15th March, NX Bus will be introducing one new service, withdrawing another, amending another, and revising some timetables.
WITHDRAWN – 10H (Birmingham to QE Hospital)
NEW – 25 (Birmingham to QE Hospital)
- Following customer feedback, service 10H will be withdrawn and replaced with new service 25
- The new 25 will continue to provide a link between the City Centre & Markets to Monument Road, but will then continue via Harborne Road and Harborne (The Green Man) to the QE Hospital and University Station
- Edgbaston Park Road & Church Road will not be served by this new service.
- From Harborne, the 25 operates a one way loop, via Somerset Road, Vincent Drive, QE Hospital, Metchley Lane.
ROUTE CHANGE – 54 / 54A (West Bromwich to Worlds End, Quinton)
As well as a minor timetable change to improve reliability, the service also has a slight route change.
- Buses will now access Europa Village using Thynne Street instead of Birmingham Road in both directions
This looks like it might be fun, as Thynne Street is one-way only! I’m guessing there are some incomplete details here, and the service will return from Europa Village using Hope Street or Jesson Street.
Other services having minor timetable revisions to improve reliability:
- 9 (Birmingham to Stourbridge)
- 10 (Birmingham to Quinton)
- 10S (Quinton to Selly Oak)
- 44 (West Bromwich to Harvills Hawthorn)
In addition, service 40 (West Bromwich to Wednesbury) has a new timetable introduced as it becomes the latest West Midlands Bus partnership route.
More details and links to new timetables can as always be found on the NX West Midlands website.
Got something to say? Registered members can leave a short comment using the form further down the page.
It’s easy and free to sign-up, members can join in discussions in our Community Forums.