May Day Bank Holiday
The May Day bank holiday in the UK is traditionally on the first Monday of May. However in 2020 it has been moved to Friday 8th May in order to coincide with commemoration of the 75th anniversary of VE Day which marked the end of World War II in Europe.
Buses will operate to Sunday timetables on Friday 8th May, with NX Bus adding some additional morning journeys on the following services:
6 -Stourbridge – Dudley
- From Dudley – 0530, 0600, 0630, 0700, 0730 and 0800
- From Stourbridge – 0530, 0600, 0630, 0700 and 0730
59 – Wolverhampton – Ashmore Park
- From Ashmore Park – at 0505, 0550, 0635 and 0720
- From Wolverhampton – at 0530, 0615 and 0700
6A Tanyard Farm – Hales Street
- Departing at 0558 (arrival 0625)
9 Pool Meadow – Hospital
- Departing at 0635 (arrival 0650)
- Departing at 0730 (arrival 0745)
- Departing at 0830 (arrival 0845)
- Departing at 0930 (arrival 0945)
9 Hospital – Pool Meadow
- Departing at 0710 (arrival 0728)
- Departing at 0751 (arrival 0808)
- Departing at 0851 (arrival 0908)
- Departing at 0951 (arrival 1008)
9 Hospital – Rail Station
- Departing at 0751 (arrival 0818)
- Departing at 0851 (arrival 0918)
9 Rail Station – Hospital
- Departing at 0820 (arrival 0845)
- Departing at 0920 (arrival 0945)
13 Whitmore Park – Hales Street
- Departing at 0645 (arrival 0708)
20A Trinity Street – Hospital
- Departing at 0711 (arrival 0742)
20A Hospital – Trinity Street
- Departing at 0742 (arrival 0816)
21 Willenhall – Hales Street
- Departing at 0609 (arrival 0632)
Sunday 10th May changes
NX Bus reports that from Sunday 10th May some services are increasing in frequency and others have a minor timetable change.
All buses will still do the same routes, with some arriving more often. This means customers won’t have to wait so long and can better adhere to the government’s recommended social distancing guidance.
We’ve also put some extra services onto some hospital routes to make sure NHS workers can get in for their shifts.
These changes are in response to customer feedback and the number of key workers travelling with us at the moment.
We have worked closely with Transport for West Midlands through the Bus Alliance to ensure that the bus network continues to provide the essential lifeline to our frontline workers in these difficult times.
Black Country area
Following requests from customers, we are adding an extra early morning journey at 06.36am for service 20A from Coventry to University Hospital, running Monday to Saturday.
If your regular service is not listed above, then it continues on the current timetable.
Got something to say? Registered members can leave a short comment using the form further down the page.
It’s easy and free to sign-up, members can join in discussions in our Community Forums.