As previously reported in our Coventry Bus Users group discussion, a number of new timetables and route changes are to be implemented by NX Bus in the Coventry area from Sunday 30th August.
Services 9 and 9A (University Hospital to Finham) will be operated with brand new double-deck electric buses, same as recently launched by NX West Midlands between Birmingham and Solihull.
From Sunday 30th August there will be some changes to buses in Coventry including extra journeys, more buses, route and number changes, electric buses and frequency increases.
The changes are being introduced to respond to changes in use of bus services as the Covid-19 situation evolves and to ensure we have enough buses in the right places.
The changes see the introduction of new services 14/14A providing links from the University of Warwick to Canley, Tile Hill, Eastern Green and Whoberley.https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/coventry-timetable-route-changes-from-30th-august-2020
The services affected are shown below:
3/3A – will have a revised route
- Arena Shopping Park and Holbrooks to the city centre will remain as service 3, continuing to Coventry University, Stoke Aldermoor, Binley and University Hospital, replacing service 23.
- The frequency of the 3 will increase to every 12 minutes (hourly to the Hospital).
- Between Fenside, Cheylesmore and the city centre the 3 & 3A will be replaced by the 17 & 17A which continue to Wyken and University Hospital at Walsgrave (replacing service 4)
4/4A – these route numbers will no longer be used
- See service 17/17A for buses between University Hospital, Wyken and city centre.
- See service 18 for buses between Tile Hill, Canley and city centre.
- See service 18A for buses between Westwood Business Park and city centre.
6/6A – the frequency will be increased
- The frequency of the service will be restored to every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes.
8/8A – will have a revised route
- Wood End, Walsgrave & Potters Green to the city centre will stay as service 8/8A but will then continue to Allesley Park to replace the 23 service. The frequency will be increased to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes.
- The route from Eastern Green and Whoberley to the city centre will be replaced by service 14.
9/9A – the frequency will be increased
- The frequency of the service will be restored to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes. These routes will also now be run with brand new fully electric buses.
10/10A – the frequency will be increased
- The frequency of the service will be restored to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes. Service 10A will now serve Coventry Station Interchange.
11 – the frequency will be increased
- The frequency of the service will be restored to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes, with additional University term only journeys.
12X – the frequency will be increased
- The frequency will be restored to usual levels (every 10 minutes during term time)
New 14/14A introduced
- From the city centre to Whoberley and Eastern Green replacing services 8/8A, then, working in partnership with The University of Warwick, it will continue via Tile Hill Station to the University.
- This will also connect Canley’s Charter Avenue residents with the Cannon Park shops. The frequency will be every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes.
16 – the frequency will be increased
- The frequency will be restored to every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes.
New 17/17A introduced
- Fenside & Cheylesmore to the city centre, Wyken and University Hospital to replace parts of services 3/3A and 4. The frequency will be every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes.
New 18 – new number for service 4 running between Tile Hill and city centre every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes
New 18A – new number for service 4A running between Westwood Business Park and city centre
20B – re-introduced with a revised route
- Journeys on service 20 currently terminating at Bayton Road/Longford to be re-routed via Oban Road and Wilsons Lane in both directions, restoring a bus service to this area.
- This change is subject to TfWM installing new bus stops towards Coventry.
20C – revised times with more journeys
21A – will have an additional journey added early morning
23 – this route number will no longer be used
- See service 3 for University Hospital, Binley and Stoke Aldermoor to city centre.
- See service 8/8A for Allesley Park to the city centre.
Bus users in Coventry are welcome to sign up and join the Coventry Bus Users group here, to discuss concerns and issues with bus services in that area, as well as share news and updates.
Got something to say? Registered members can leave a short comment using the form further down the page.
It’s easy and free to sign-up, members can join in discussions in our Community Forums.